Disclaimer

This blog is made of independent bloggers who made the review at their own will. This blog is intended as a community service to promote food business in Brunei. Reviews are done at own will of the blogger and intended to create a forum for consumers to give their feedback. If any restaurant is sub standard to the the public expectation, it is up to respective restaurant owners to rectify the situation and not the responsibility of the blogger. The intention is to ensure consumers get value for money and restaurant owners have feedback for improvement.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Japanese Sungkai Buffet? Go Takara!

I'm sure you're thinking "I bet it cost a bomb!". Maybe in the $30ish range I hear you guessing. Nope, you're too far off! The ones at Takara only cost $12.80. Yes. Not kidding. Let me repeat again. B$12.80!!!

Ok. Still unconvinced? You must be saying like, "oh maybe they don't have nice things on the menu, just the unpopular dishes". Well, feast your eyes on this...

Appetizer - Gyoza

Appetizer - Salmon Sashimi (and they're not stingy on the slices too!)

Appetizer - California Maki (5 varieties)

Chicken Teriyaki on a stick! Yummy!

Fish... errmm fried. I think it's Tuna.

Japanese Noodles

Tempura Prawn!

The buffet spread (trust me, a visit or two ain't enough!)

My plate (round one).

So how did I like it? It was awesome! I don't know how much Sashimi and Ebi Tempura I had but I know that if I were to order it normally, it'll at least cost me $30 or so. To go with the meal, there's also a free flow of drink, good ole Manisan which goes well with the dishes. Not in the picture are the fried squids and garlic rice. For desserts, they also have assorted Malay kuehs and fruits. Crazy deal right?

Yes again I repeat, it's only B$12.80 (adult), B$8.80 (child) & under 6 years old, no charge at all. One not so good news though is that it's only available till the 15th of Sept! So you better hurry and make your reservations now. Check here for their contact numbers.

/edit 120908: They've extended the Buffet offer until the 24th of Sept! Also you get 20% discount when you order ala carte! Excellent deal I must say!

No comments:


The WYWY saga concludes - Public Poll

wywy2 wywy1

The respective press statements

More here.



Comments added via the 'Add my own option' by visitors to this blog;
- I only went to WyWy once and I think they are unreasonably over priced for a normal restaurant. Service sucked like hell. A little smile would have been better.
-I think they hv been victimised by someone who has some grudge against them!
-To close the matter for once and for all, we need another independent lab test to reconfirm.