Disclaimer

This blog is made of independent bloggers who made the review at their own will. This blog is intended as a community service to promote food business in Brunei. Reviews are done at own will of the blogger and intended to create a forum for consumers to give their feedback. If any restaurant is sub standard to the the public expectation, it is up to respective restaurant owners to rectify the situation and not the responsibility of the blogger. The intention is to ensure consumers get value for money and restaurant owners have feedback for improvement.

Friday, September 19, 2008

Breaking Fast at Restoran Kaka

Two nights ago, the AB gang trooped over to Restoran Kaka which introduced its sungkai buffet on Monday. Famous for its nasi katok, the owners decided to open the restaurant to offer its clientele additional choices above the staple nasi katok.

Located at Kg Rimba, the interior decor of the restaurant is cosy and modern with a touch of homeliness. Nice work by the owners, the husband and wife team who did the design.

The buffet was quite a refreshing change from the 167++ dish buffets of the bigger establishments. It was a simple buffet made up of not more than 20 items and this meant you don't over-indulge from wanting to try everything. The highlight of the meal for me was the beef rendang, and the bubur durian. Sedap sekali!

At only B$6.90 for adults and B$4 per child, this buffet represents one of the better value for money meals this ramadhan, especially for families on tight budgets. Thoroughly recommended. As da gangsta puts it, do call 8778330 for reservations as this place can get pretty packed.

IMG_3894

IMG_3824

The corner unit location makes the small unit feel spacious

IMG_3829

Patrons getting food before the sound of the bedok

IMG_3842

Round one...

IMG_3859

I like the lights :)

IMG_3864

The bubur durian on the right ROCKS!

IMG_3872

The little man enjoying his noodles

IMG_3884

The night crowd :)

1 comment:

ibu said...

i went for sungkai with my husband and my two little gals which ages is below 3yrs olds.when i made my booking i did asked for the kids from which age are their going to be charge so the guy told me from ages 3yrs above,so that mean my two girls are not going to be charge,to my surprise when i want to made the payment my two girls are charged and i did mention when i made my booking the guy said its free for my two girls.Really please!the cashes the philiphino guy say he will ask his boss first and next time i come to the cafe he will return my $$$ as if he can remember my face.to make thing more worse last nite many customer complain for no top up for drinks their lady worker told us their run out of air bandung and still boiling new water


The WYWY saga concludes - Public Poll

wywy2 wywy1

The respective press statements

More here.



Comments added via the 'Add my own option' by visitors to this blog;
- I only went to WyWy once and I think they are unreasonably over priced for a normal restaurant. Service sucked like hell. A little smile would have been better.
-I think they hv been victimised by someone who has some grudge against them!
-To close the matter for once and for all, we need another independent lab test to reconfirm.