Disclaimer

This blog is made of independent bloggers who made the review at their own will. This blog is intended as a community service to promote food business in Brunei. Reviews are done at own will of the blogger and intended to create a forum for consumers to give their feedback. If any restaurant is sub standard to the the public expectation, it is up to respective restaurant owners to rectify the situation and not the responsibility of the blogger. The intention is to ensure consumers get value for money and restaurant owners have feedback for improvement.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Andaman Restaurant & Catering

By AnakBrunei













Last night, da missus and I decided to immerse ourselves into the Andaman experience after reading all the good things that have been said here, here and here.

The restaurant is indeed very cosy with less than ten tables inside and a few more outside for those preferring to dine with marlboro man. We didnt have marlboro man with us, so we chose to dine inside.

The menu was a clean and simple affair, with probably 5 to 10 items per category. Good for the indecisive among us. We ordered the Rojak Ayam, Andaman Lamb Stew, Butter Chicken, and Sayur Pakis masak belacan.

The rojak reminded me of the one they used to serve at the triple-K roadhouse. Crispy fried chicken pieces served on a bed of fresh crisp lettuce and topped with a nice tangy sauce. Tastewise it was good, but I think some crushed peanuts would have given it an extra oomph.

The lamb stew came highly recommended and it was lovely cos I'm a sucker for lamb! I think however, that if they used bigger chunks of proper stewing lamb it would have been even better heheh... and I wouldnt have minded paying slightly more for that.

The butter chicken was delightful and I really enjoyed the rustic flavours of the herbs and spices infused into the tomato and butter sauce. This is one dish I'd order again.

But the highlight of the night had to be the sayur pakis. Very, very nice and da missus agreed! Just the right flavour, i.e. not too belacany (heheh) and just nicely cooked, not overdone. This dish definitely makes our local vegetables look good!

All the above food enjoyed in a nice cosy environment with pretty good service (I think the waiters need to speak up and be a tad more bubbly, i.e. not to be confused with campy!) for just under 20 bucks? I say good value for money! Perhaps one suggestion guys... stock up on Coke Light please? (",)

Check out my other reviews:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been this restaurant a few times already since it opens. I absolutely highly recommend this restaurant to anybody and everybody because the food is affordable and exquisite.

One comment that I wanted to highlight here is we ordered the chilli crab. It came late, but when it arrived, the crab is absolutely worth the wait. The plus on top of it was, we recieved repeated apologies from the management until waiter and waitresses, which we really appreciate. We actually felt guilty. This kind of service is top of class. Not only the food was fantastic, the service was immaculate, courteous and respectful.

I am quite a demanding man when it comes to food. And Andaman has delivered that in top class and style. My hats off to Andaman, keep it up.

Anonymous said...

wonder if i was there.its 'linking' good.make me 'always' hungry.

Learn Poker said...

Yes cannot be!

joycelising said...

The food looks great. I just want to know some of your catering packages. Thank you!


The WYWY saga concludes - Public Poll

wywy2 wywy1

The respective press statements

More here.



Comments added via the 'Add my own option' by visitors to this blog;
- I only went to WyWy once and I think they are unreasonably over priced for a normal restaurant. Service sucked like hell. A little smile would have been better.
-I think they hv been victimised by someone who has some grudge against them!
-To close the matter for once and for all, we need another independent lab test to reconfirm.