Disclaimer

This blog is made of independent bloggers who made the review at their own will. This blog is intended as a community service to promote food business in Brunei. Reviews are done at own will of the blogger and intended to create a forum for consumers to give their feedback. If any restaurant is sub standard to the the public expectation, it is up to respective restaurant owners to rectify the situation and not the responsibility of the blogger. The intention is to ensure consumers get value for money and restaurant owners have feedback for improvement.

Friday, January 5, 2007

Gerai Soto Haji Tuah - Tutong

Went to Tutong this morning to get my fix of Soto Hj Tuah. For those who don't know, Soto Hj Tuah is an institution among Tutongites and I do not know anyone from Tutong who hasn't had Soto Hj Tuah before.


Soto Hj Tuah has been around for as long as I can remember and it is famous not only for the unique flavour created by a combination of the soup, meat, noodles, "kuchai", and of course, the hot chili paste or "lada rindu" which can burn your tastebuds to oblivion if you're not careful!


9 comments:

protesto said...

Nice blog, good luck ;)

Brunei Foodies said...

Wow! the soto looks good!

protesto: cheers!

Anonymous said...

daku rindu soto haji tuah..yummy!! was planning to eat soto hj tuah today but unfortunately, ujan turun dgn lebatnya,so sia2pun ;(

Thanis Lim said...

I had a nice meal there before. Definitely a nice place to have a bowl of soto kahwin

Jewelle said...

I lurve soto and is always on the look-out for the best soto. Will give this a try.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to spoil the fun. With the long weekend, I went to revisit Soto Hj Tuah simply because of your review. It was ages ago since I tried it and remembered it as one of the original soto places.

I was a bit disappointed. It was okay and not as great as I had remembered it to be. I had the special while the rest of us had biasa. I think the biasa is better value for money.

There are definitely couple of other places I know of good sotos in pintu malim and jing chew area.

But I agree, this remains a must try for soto lovers out there.

Anonymous said...

I'd like you to try soto at gerai hajah sanik at No. 14 anggerek desa commercial complex. It's really worth a try. And the bubur kaicok nya pun yummmy.

Anonymous said...

Where is this soto hj tuah? Can anybody give me direction. I need to try lah. What is the rating from 1 (bad) to 10 (excellent)?

Brunei Foodies said...

its where tamu tutong is.


The WYWY saga concludes - Public Poll

wywy2 wywy1

The respective press statements

More here.



Comments added via the 'Add my own option' by visitors to this blog;
- I only went to WyWy once and I think they are unreasonably over priced for a normal restaurant. Service sucked like hell. A little smile would have been better.
-I think they hv been victimised by someone who has some grudge against them!
-To close the matter for once and for all, we need another independent lab test to reconfirm.