Disclaimer

This blog is made of independent bloggers who made the review at their own will. This blog is intended as a community service to promote food business in Brunei. Reviews are done at own will of the blogger and intended to create a forum for consumers to give their feedback. If any restaurant is sub standard to the the public expectation, it is up to respective restaurant owners to rectify the situation and not the responsibility of the blogger. The intention is to ensure consumers get value for money and restaurant owners have feedback for improvement.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

MISATO

MISATO @ Qlap has to be my favourite Japanese Restaurant! I know we have several choices in terms of Japanese Restaurant but MISATO is my favourite haunt! I guess the place is not so crowded compared to others and also the price is all right.


I know.. you will say.. all Japanese joints are the same.. sushi, tempura, train, green-tea and wasabi. I agree with you.. But at Misato, they are the only place to have Volcano Roll. It 's a fusion dish of California Maki and Red Snapper cooked with chili and mayonnaise as a sauce on the top. It does look like a Volcano with its overflowing lava. Oh! it tasted awesome and this is my favourite dish.


If I go to have Japanese food, it's a must for me to have agadeshi tofu. Its fried silken tofu. So, its slightly crispy from the outside and soft on the inside.. hmmm


Here is another fusion dish called Bombay Roll. Basically, its cooked lamb made into sushi and served with a mint sauce.. hmmm.. interesting combo.


Oh Well! I can go on and on.. But you should try it out for your self. The menu list that I have mentioned is just tip of the iceberg. You have to go there to se it for your self.

8 comments:

Hungryduo said...

I agree with u!
I really love Bombay Roll and Volcano Roll!
Every time when i dine there, me and Hubby would surely order these two dishes.
The Gyozai Ramen is really cheap and tastes good too.
The prices are really cheap as compared to the other Jap restaurants in Brunei and yet the food and service are still good.

SD Mummy said...

I loooovvvvvvvvveeeeeeeee Bombay Roll & Volcano Roll too!

However, instead of ordering Agadeshi Tofu, I always order Tofu Dengaku, which is almost the same anyways. Hehe. Will try Agadeshi Tofu when we go there next.

The husband & I enjoy Misato too. We try to go there once a month, sometimes even more. Easy access to parking helps as well! Plus the 10% discount! Hehehe.

Anonymous said...

went there for the very first last month. agreed with you, the food was good but the service is DAMN slow!!!! it wasnt even packed!

Anonymous said...

yes the tofu is a must. About the slow service, I have to agree on that, other than that, the food is excellent with reasonable price

Anonymous said...

i agree with the bad service.. it was the last time i went.. it was packed that day so we were very considerate and waited patiently for our food.. then i proceed to the counter to pay.. they filipino cashier overcharged me n there was no 10% as well it was overcharged by like $18?.. thats a lot.. i recheck my reciept n made wure what my brother n myself ordered.. then i went back to the cashier n she didn't look much happy about it didn't even apologise.... ever since that incident i've never went back there anymore..

Richard Chua said...

If you like Misato, then you should try Kaizen at Kiarong. Lots of my friends say Misato is good, Escapade is good..So I intro them to Kaizen and after they tried Kaizen, they stick to Kaizen. hehe.. Their portion are more and taste good too. Try and you will want more. But bear in mind, if you going there in a group or few friends for lunch or dinner, then u better call them and book tables cos it's packed during that time. ENJOY!

Anonymous said...

Actually I refer Excapade as I find the dishes in Misato too unauthentic especially with too many spicy sauces which have no business being there. I like a cleaner taste, and I find most of Misato's dishes are heavily flavoured with either sauces, marinades or garlic before being served up. Excapade is also very reasonably priced and big portioned. :)

Anonymous said...

i love misato way back when its newly open.. the food.. the atmosphere.. the place and most especially the service.. waitresses are friendly thats why i keep coming back.. but since all old staff gone, i never come back there anymore.. the service become bad and worst the food dont taste like the old misato..


The WYWY saga concludes - Public Poll

wywy2 wywy1

The respective press statements

More here.



Comments added via the 'Add my own option' by visitors to this blog;
- I only went to WyWy once and I think they are unreasonably over priced for a normal restaurant. Service sucked like hell. A little smile would have been better.
-I think they hv been victimised by someone who has some grudge against them!
-To close the matter for once and for all, we need another independent lab test to reconfirm.